When You Should See A Spine Specialist
Most episodes of neck and back pain are not serious, and fortunately, they can be treated quickly and simply. However, you would benefit greatly from visiting a specialist if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Back or neck discomfort that lasts longer than two weeks.
- Symptoms including aching, or stabbing that radiates from the arms or legs.
- Your leg, foot, groin or rectal area feels numb.
- Symptoms are so intense that you can’t move around.
- Numbness or tingling in the arms or legs.
- Weakness in your arms or legs.
- Trouble walking or maintaining your balance.
- You have trouble sleeping because the symptoms wake you up at night.
- Trauma or an accident that causes significant back or neck injury.
- Chronic neck or back condition that interferes with routine, everyday activity.
- Your symptoms don’t seem to be getting better after two or three weeks.
If you’re suffering from back or neck injuries, schedule an appointment at Southeastern Spine today!